Death To Kalia, A Webcomic Made Using Inkscape
Here are some examples we have done. Click to zoom in on the comic.
We have many more. Look at our comic archive to read our comics.
To make each Death to Kalia comic, we have a very easy process to follow. Essentially it boils down to the following sequence.
- Copy/paste each character and prop item from their individual Inkscape svg files
- Resize and move different characters, character body parts, and props to match the envisioned comic.
- Add body parts like eyes and mouths by copy/pasting from another svg.
- Add speech bubbles and speech text.
- Frame the comic in a black rectangle and cut out the panel areas.
- Add a background color or fade
- Export the comic!
Here is a video of us making one of the comics. Watch the video below and the see the resulting episode. If you know how to put a better quality video, let us know.
We will add some of our character files here so you can download them for free and make your own comics with our cast. You can also browse through our comic archive and read our comics to see how we used these characters.
- Chamatka, the crafty but unlucky fox
- Doob Doob, the loyal but dim-witted alligator
- Kalia, the jealous protector of the forest
- Body Parts, like eyes, mouths, and even a nose.
Let us know if you use these. We'd like to show off what you make using Death To Kalia cast!